We're spending our days riding bikes (Rafferty's on a 2-wheeler now!), having picnics at the beach, going for firewood, waiting for Wes's work permit to come through. Today I ordered Benny's school uniform for kindergarten - wow, is this real??
More to come even though the high speed internet at my parents' place is less than high speed.
As sweet and peaceful as our new life is in this corner of the world, I'm surprised at how much I miss my old life, the friendly faces and conveniences of the city. Today I took my grandma in to town because she can't drive herself anymore. I saw people I knew everywhere I went, at the Post Office, at the bank, at the grocery store. It's SUCH a small town. Takes some getting used to even though it's my home. The boys talked on the phone to their sweet friend Heather from across the street. It breaks my heart just thinking about that sad separation. Some of Wes's family members still tear up on the phone and it gets me contemplative. I think what I'm trying to say is that as happy as I am to live this ideal life up here, I'm equally sad to have said goodbye to the past and I have to grieve that for a while. Good thing we have a visit planned very soon.
1 comment:
wow, u truly moved to canada! It is so beautiful and peaceful out there. I bet you enjoy being closer to your mom and the boys can run more freely :). I hope to visit you some day again. I love Port Hardy! hi to your parents, boys and wes.
sirpa
Post a Comment