Friday, December 12, 2008

the road ahead


This is a picture of the road we walk just about every morning. I'm always amazed at how different the road ahead can look, depending on the day.

I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer. For me the road ahead is unknown. I am anticipating potholes, forks, and maybe even some bad weather. But I am also confident that I will be surprised by fellow travelers, sunny bursts, and wonderful views and that when I get to the end and look back I will be able to raise an Ebenezer and proclaim, "Hitherto the Lord hath led us."

A blessed Sabbath to all who read this!

4 comments:

Rabbitmeow said...

I was a student of your husbands when he worked at Gem State, I came across your blog one day and love your little family. Your children are beautiful and you can see the love and happiness that your family has in your blog posts. It broke my heart to read that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. May God be with you and your little ones. I will pray for you and your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya (and Wesley and boys),

Cambria heard something at school yesterday which prompted us to check out your blogspot, which we haven't done since before you left Auburn. Sadly, your latest blog confirmed what she heard about the breast cancer, but we are hopeful that it has been detected early and you will be cured of it. I remember how you said your mother also got it at an early age, so it makes me wonder if there's a BRCA gene in your family, too. Well, I really would like to just talk with you and maybe share what's going on with both of us. What's the best way to contact you? We sure have missed seeing and hearing any and all of your family at Auburn, but now, for sure you're in our prayers (again). So, for this short message, just wanted to wish you God's care and blessings.

Anonymous said...

I'm so saddened by this news... You're an incredible mom and wife and I know you will come out of this even stronger. I just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

Dear Tanya,

I heard about the bad news today at church and so I decided to check out your blog. Tanya, we will definitely pray for you and for your family.

May you feel the presence of the Lord as you go through this difficult road ahead.

PS
We miss having you, Wes, and the boys around here! By the way, will you be going to WWC for the Band Clinic in January? Sherman and I are planning to be there--on Sabbath.