I find myself analyzing my children lately from the Birth Order perspective. And I find myself feeling sorry for them, that so much of their lives are predetermined - their genes, their personalities, and now birth order. And no matter how hard we fight it, yes, too much IS expected of Benny. And I hate to say it, but Rafferty sometimes DOES get lost in the middle. And little Timmy, much as I truly adore the sweetheart, I very much DO relate to this quote I read in a book today:
FIRST BABY- At the first sign of distress-a whimper, a frown-you pick up the baby
SECOND BABY-You pick up your baby when his wails threaten to wake up your firstborn
THIRD BABY-You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing
That said, I think it's important to look on the "bright side" of things, that Benny will contribute a lot, Rafferty will be good with people and have excellent negotiating skills (already does), Timmy may be more adventurous and independent.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment