Monday, February 4, 2008

Cloth Diapers


Cloth diapers are really working for us. I'm so excited about the amount of money we're not going to spend. Did you know that the average kid goes through $1500-$2500 worth of diapers before becoming potty-trained?!! YIKES! I spent 60 on a couple of craigslist purchases and we now have 22 cloth diapers ( the fitted kind, that still require a separate waterproof cover ). I generally go 2 or more days before washing a load. But we use the ever-amazingly-absorbant disposable variety at night. I then bought three primo "cadillac" cloth diapers online from BumGenius. Those are a whopping $16 each, but wow are they awesome. They're called All-in-Ones and don't require a cover, and hold more. They're basically JUST like a disposable (except not as absorbant). But they're great for church or outings, more trim fitting and convenient.
By the way, the dining room table makes a fabulous changing station. Haha...

No comments: