I guess I'm in a bit of a funk right now. Life will be great and then out of the blue I start to feel like a terrible mother. Especially today for some reason I've been extra discouraged, feeling like a failure rather than that I've just failed here and there. But when we were putting the boys to bed tonight, Rafferty immediately crawled in with Benny and they looked so happy and childlike that I had to believe that maybe I haven't ruined them completely yet. And that made me smile.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Something to Smile About
I guess I'm in a bit of a funk right now. Life will be great and then out of the blue I start to feel like a terrible mother. Especially today for some reason I've been extra discouraged, feeling like a failure rather than that I've just failed here and there. But when we were putting the boys to bed tonight, Rafferty immediately crawled in with Benny and they looked so happy and childlike that I had to believe that maybe I haven't ruined them completely yet. And that made me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had some good moments. I know that I feel more and more like a failure as Kole grows up. It can be depressing to do all the same chores and routines each day, constantly trying to help the children be good and they still seem to be crying and unhappy so much of the time. I know how terrible it must feel to have spent years working with a child only to have them leave and do miserable things. I sure have learned to appreciate my parents!
Post a Comment