Friday, December 28, 2007

Warm Fuzzies






I find myself unable to fully express the beauty of this new life that has come into our home. Already I've spent hours gazing into his face, unable to put him down or turn away from his mesmerizing image. The sweet sounds of his newborn slumber touch my ears and bring a sense of peace and wonder to all around. I'm embarassed to have been worried about having enough love for a third. But rather, when our family grew, my heart grew. When the boys see how much we love little Timmy, they understand how precious they are to us as well, and we tell them about when they were babies. When Benny first held Timmy, he so sweetly asked, "Can I love him?" and my heart overflowed with joy to watch him so gently stroke his little head. Rafferty frequently climbs up beside me on the couch while I'm nursing, or into our bed in the mornings, rubs his head and just looks and giggles and his eyes light up. "Ra-hetty not baby - I big boy!" That drugged look of satisfaction after Timmy nurses rewards me with the belief that I am the best mother in the world for him. As the snow fell on Tuesday afternoon I remarked to Wes that I'm sure we'll always look back on this as the most magical of all Christmases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new little one! Timmy looks so cute. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.