Friday, May 16, 2008

The lazy days of summer...


The lazy days of summer are fast approaching.

I've been doing some major de-cluttering around our place lately, in preparation for a very likely move to Canada. I have to say that getting rid of junk is one of my very favorite things to do in life. The only problem is that my husband and I rarely agree on the definition of "junk" (which is why much of the de-cluttering happens while he's away during the day). Seriously, though, it's been fun. But in the midst of clearing the attic I came across this bouncy-bounce contraption that we used with the bigger boys and I had thought we'd gotten rid of after Rafferty. Timmy's enjoying it. Rafferty's enjoying it, but only under close supervision! Benny, now this was a surprise...

Yesterday while Rafferty was napping and I was cleaning house like a mad woman, I had Timmy in the ducky-thing while Benny puttered around like he does. I came around the corner with the vacuum cleaner only to see my precious Timmy spinning faster than an olympic ice skater. Over-reactor that I am, I SCREAMED and stopped him immediately. His head fell to the side and his eyes were going back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, I think you get the picture. I guess he was OK pretty quick after that but I've never seen anything like that before. It was just such a surprise to me because Benny is typically the sweet protective big brother, not the extreme baby-spinner. WOW.

2 comments:

Julana said...

Wow! He gave him nystagmus :). Kole likes to spin leilah in her swing...I have to tell him to wait until she gets older.

Anonymous said...

Canada? When? I'll miss you when I move back to the NW if you move to Canada.