Thursday, November 29, 2007

Long Time No Blog



So I haven't posted anything for quite a while (about a week?) and it's TIME... But the sad thing is that I don't have much bubbly enlightening moments of domestic bliss and wonder to share, so you get the stark truth. How should I put this? Um, Rafferty peed on the couch today, but that was bearable, until later on when he wrote all over the dining room table with green marker, and even later when he put on his shoes- wrong feet, of course- and walked outside in the cold with no pants on. The funny thing is, when I tell these things to Wes, he says to me, "What were you doing, SLEEPING?!" and I could just hit him because I promise you that the last thing anyone in this house did all day long was sleep. I called it good that I hit the shower before noon, even though I wore sweats all day, an no makeup or hairstyle was detectable. As if all I would have to do all day long is supervise a 2-yr old. Oh yeah, there was those two loads of laundry I washed dried folded and put away. And the kitchen floor I swept three times and the two bathrooms I scrubbed and the dinner I cooked and not to mention the thirty pounds of baby I carried around through it all in between Braxton Hicks contractions. I think the problem this "Stay-at-home" mom is having is that I do just that: I STAY AT HOME. And it drives me nuts. I need to get myself and the kids outside for some peace of mind, fresh air, sunlight, and good old "wearing out the boys" so they'll sleep and let me do the same. I tend to be this all-or-nothing person, so in my effort to not be one of those moms who runs around with her head cut off all the time, I say no to everything and we're under-scheduled possibly. But if I commit then I'm pressured and take that out on my family. BALANCE is the word, the word for what I've yet to achieve. Last night Wes laughed at me when I mentioned that I had "tried really hard to take it easy" yesterday. Days like today I think about adding a newborn to the mix, and it's beyond overwhelming, to the point of hilarity. I'll put in a couple of pics- Rafferty's get-up for going outside today, and the boys shooting rockets in the frontyard from my parents.

1 comment:

Julana said...

Hey there, those are the kind of days you wished never existed...and I'm sure that didn't include all the crying and creaming that you had to manage. I know how you feel when your husband says...what were you dong? It only takes 2 seconds to peepee and another 2 seconds to write all over something. It all seems terrible, but wouldn't it be terrible if when the kids grew up all you had to share with them was that they woke up, ate, played, brushed their teeth and went to sleep each day. I remember when I walked in the bathroom and the whole wall was written on. I was so disappointed but then I realized that I was hoping that would happen someday. So, any mom that raises 3 boys is undoubtedly amazing and you will be no exception.