Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Benny's birthday




Life with a new baby and now three boys has really been amazingly smooth, in part due to timing - Wes being home for Christmas, Grandpa Bradford here to help entertain the big boys, Sirpa here now. Funny how the busier you are the more organized you just have to be and you just do it and it works out somehow. I feel like I've never been so BUSY in all my life, every moment of the day. But we're really not back to "normal" yet and I have to say that I'm pretty concerned about baing all alone with all three starting tommorrow afternoon (Steve and Sirpa are both leaving and Wes is going back to work almost full time). Today I read that no one's life was more full of labor and resposiblity than that of Jesus, yet how often he was found in prayer and that his experience is to be ours. That is how I feel so often, that my life bears so much RESPONSIBILITY and labor. So it is comforting to know that especially Jesus makes me feel not alone in that area, and that he did it not of his own power either, but out of dependence upon God. That is what I long for, and what I am actually able to experience many days: Total Peace. Peace that surpasses understanding. When I fall away from that peace I feel so lost and hopeless and helpless.
Well, here I will include a few pictures of Benny's 5th birthday party which was yesterday. He started out with a piano recital in Dower Chapel for the guests. SO CUTE!! Eventually we will get the video of that available to view as well.

No comments: