
better late than never... today's post is now "tonight's" post since I had an early morning trip with the kids today, getting some work done for our vehicle to pass inspection in the RIV program (registering an imported vehicle - AKA Nuisance!).
But here's what amazes me about myself. The less control I have over a situation, the more control I have over my mood. Here's what I mean. The work to be done on our van thismorning, 3 hours drive away, I was told would be quick, maybe 30 minutes. Well, in fact they told me today it would be three hours plus! So there I am with a 3-yr-old and a baby and no vehicle, supposed to hang around in a town that is 0 degrees Celsius outside. Any normal human would say, "This is TORTURE!" But something weird happens in my strange mind in these situations. I take a deep breath and say in my head, "Praise the Lord. Here we are and there's nothing I can do about it, so why make it worse with a bad attitude?" I tell you we had the most wonderful time! Did you know it's possible to spend ten minutes in a broom aisle letting a little boy sweep the floor??? And then another ten minutes in the Christmas decorations aisle talking about a snowman family... then off to pay 99 cents for some miracle bubbles which we happily blew outside to the amusement of entering customers :) and so on and so forth for three hours and it was beautiful and why don't I just live that way every day?
My boys are my best teachers. They also drive me completely batty, but that just goes with the territory. Temporary insanity is a small price to pay for the lesson of how to live. I'm not there yet, but someday I truly play in the sand along with them and have as much fun as they are having, not just play because I have to, if you know what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment